Wage Subsidy Work Experience Program
Program Objective: To assist job seekers in securing long term full time employment.
– The program subsidizes the wages of a new employee to offset the cost of training. A signed contract between the Work BC employer and the job seeker must be in place prior to the new employee starting work. Currently the subsidy is 50% of the hourly rate of pay for up to 24 weeks.
– The position must be at least 35 hrs / week, unless the potential new hire has a need for less.
– We are looking for employers who are willing and able to take time to help the new employee become a valuable member of their team.
Job Seekers, in order to be eligible, you must be:
– In need of work experience to obtain your employment goal
– Unemployed or underemployed
– Must have an Employment Insurance (EI) attachment, defined as:
– Currently receiving Regular EI benefits or
– Had a regular EI claim within the last 5 years or
– Have worked any 5 of the last 10 years earning a minimum of $2000 of insurable earnings in each of those years or
be eligible through the Single Parent Employment Initiative.
Need work experience? Please call 250-334-3119 to start the process
Employers to be eligible must be:
– In compliance with Employment Standards, Workers Compensation, the Income Tax Act, and Employment Insurance.
– In business for at least ONE year with a CRA business number.
– Registered and in good standing with WCB coverage and comply with BC Labour Standards.
– Insured – greater than or equivalent to 2 million dollars commercial general liability insurance and able to confirm that no workers will be laid off as a result of the new placement.
– Prepared to orientate and train the new employee.
Position to be eligible must be:
– A full time position (minimum of 35 hours per week) and intend for the position to be long-term.
– The job seeker can not already be working in the position.
– A set rate of pay – commission only positions and piece work are not eligible.
– Able to pay reasonable and competitive wages.
Call us before you hire: 250-334-3119 or click here to get an application form
Forms can be faxed to 250-338-7594
We can not assist if the job seeker has already started work for the employer.
Ineligible activities under the Wage Subsidy work experience program:
– Helping an employer resolve cash flow issues by subsidizing a position otherwise unaffordable.
– Providing assistance to an employer to hire a person they would normally have hired without the wage subsidy incentive.
Work BC – Courtenay
#103 – 555 4th Street
Directions to the Work BC Courtenay